Friday, February 4, 2011

Peter's Gourmade My Day



Outside view



Inside View



I had been hearing big things about the food coming out of a gas station in Tustin. Given the buzz of food trucks everywhere and an increased general awareness (it seems) of non-chain food options, it took me a few times hearing about it before I ventured over to Tustin to try Peter's Gourmade. Now I wish that I had tried it sooner!

The Burger

I selected the "ABC Burger" from the menu. It is described as:

ABC Burger 5.75
All-Beef Angus patty served on a toasted potato bun with lettuce, onion, tomato, Famous Dave’s Pickle Chips, ketchup, mustard & Mayo with Bacon, Fresh Avocado & Melted Cheddar Cheese.

It was INCREDIBLE! The burger texture was the single best burger I have ever had. It was the softest and most tender (not an adjective usually used with Burgers) patty I have tried.

The mayo, ketchup, mustard, avocado, and melted cheddar created a silky smooth sauce flavor and the thick and crisp bacon created a smoky and crisp counter point.

I also sampled the french fries which were simply very good. Crisp, skinny, well-cooked, and salty, they were awesome. AND, with a drink and fries added to the burger for $2 extra, it was a very good deal.

I can't wait to go back to try the Greek Fries, french fries with feta and gyro meat on top!

Peter's Gourmade Grill
15851 McFadden Blvd.
Tustin, CA
(In the Valero gas station)
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment